Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > possible to remove Viewstate hidden field?

possible to remove Viewstate hidden field?

Stimp

Is it possible to prevent the <input type="hidden"
name="__VIEWSTATE"> field from being generated in an aspx page?

I'm running off Framework 1.1

The field is messing up a process that I need to run, so simply clearing
out the viewstate by overriding SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium, etc
isn't enough

Thanks in advance!
--

fiddlewidawiddum

Scott M.

You can disable it at the page level (via the properties window or the page
directives line in the .aspx file), but that won't completely get rid of the
field. A minimum viewstate field will always be present. It should,
however, prevent the load and save viewstate methods from running.

"Stimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to prevent the <input type="hidden"
> name="__VIEWSTATE"> field from being generated in an aspx page?
>
> I'm running off Framework 1.1
>
> The field is messing up a process that I need to run, so simply clearing
> out the viewstate by overriding SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium, etc
> isn't enough
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
>
> fiddlewidawiddum

Stimp

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 Scott M. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You can disable it at the page level (via the properties window or the page
> directives line in the .aspx file), but that won't completely get rid of the
> field. A minimum viewstate field will always be present. It should,
> however, prevent the load and save viewstate methods from running.

I read on the net that it's possible to prevent the <input> field being
generated by not inheriting from the 'Page' class .. but it neglects to
mention what I should inherit from instead.

Any ideas?

cheers
--

fiddlewidawiddum

Scott M.

Well, if you don't inherit from the page class, you are going to lose
virtually all the other benefits and characteristics of a Web Form.
ViewState is part of the fundamental architecture of ASP.NET. If you
absolutely can't make your application work because of it, ASP.NET may not
be the platform for you.