Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problem importing address book; TB 1.5.0.5

Problem importing address book; TB 1.5.0.5

CAN

'm having a bit of problem importing an LDIF address file from the
standpoint that when I do I end up with with 2 "Personal Address Book"
files. That's a bit confusing but I've not found a way to have only
one.

Help please,
CAN

CAN

CAN wrote:
> 'm having a bit of problem importing an LDIF address file from the
> standpoint that when I do I end up with with 2 "Personal Address Book"
> files. That's a bit confusing but I've not found a way to have only
> one.
>
> Help please,
> CAN

Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not. Oh, well, so much for
this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

Doug G

CAN wrote:
> CAN wrote:
>> 'm having a bit of problem importing an LDIF address file from the
>> standpoint that when I do I end up with with 2 "Personal Address Book"
>> files. That's a bit confusing but I've not found a way to have only
>> one.
>>
>> Help please,
>> CAN

> Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not. Oh, well, so much for
> this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

Try moving (drag & drop) the addresses from the second "Personal Address
Book" folder to the first and then deleting the second folder.

Orbis

> Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not. Oh, well, so much for
> this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

And I was just about to tell you how to fix it too. Guess I
won't have to bother now.

Mozilla Champion (Dan)

CAN wrote:
> CAN wrote:
>> 'm having a bit of problem importing an LDIF address file from the
>> standpoint that when I do I end up with with 2 "Personal Address Book"
>> files. That's a bit confusing but I've not found a way to have only
>> one.
>>
>> Help please,
>> CAN

> Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not. Oh, well, so much for
> this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

Oh gee, I guess we should all drop everything we are doing, CAN has a
problem! I HAVE to get home to answer it because if it isnt answered
within 20 hours he will get mad and go away!

Oh the heck with my job, CAN has a problem! Oh the heck with visiting my
family, CAN has a problem! Oh the heck with going to the hospital, CAN
has a problem!

Drop everything everybody, CAN has a problem! He HAS to be answered
within 20 hours, REGARDLESS of your personal life. And why? Because CAN
is a non paying customer thats why! He is someone that didnt have to PAY
for something, and expects IMMEDIATE asssitance for every problem he may
come across.

So, in the end, CAN, you are right. I for one DONT CARE if you have a
problem! Just like YOU didnt care that I was in the hospital yesterday -
I should have stayed home and answered your question I guess, but then,
I may not have been alive today... ah well, but YOUR question would have
been asnwered, and that would have sufficed me well to take it to my
grave... right.

gwtc

Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> So, in the end, CAN, you are right. I for one DONT CARE if you have a
> problem! Just like YOU didnt care that I was in the hospital yesterday -

nobody knew because you didn't say anything. This is the first I've
heard of this. Didn't you answer questions yesterday? With that I
thought you were home. Oh well.

--
Pic of the Day: New Campbell's Soup:
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?im...mofspamnx1.jpg

Troy Piggins

* CAN wrote:

> CAN wrote:
>> 'm having a bit of problem importing an LDIF address file from the
>> standpoint that when I do I end up with with 2 "Personal Address Book"
>> files. That's a bit confusing but I've not found a way to have only
>> one.
>>
>> Help please,
>> CAN

> Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not. Oh, well, so much for
> this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

Mate, have a look at the threads in this group. How many
unanswered ones are there? Not many. Now have a look at the
turnaraound time on some queries.

This is USENET, not IRC. You'll get an answer[1], just give it more
than a couple of hours.

The people here offer help for free, in their own free time.
They aren't at your beck and call.

[1] - Unless your post ****ed off those who would normally be very
helpful.

--
Troy Piggins
,-o

gwtc

CAN wrote:

> Guess no one cares if I have a problem or not.

not anymore

> Oh, well, so much for
> this source of help, might as well unsubscribe.

bye

--

gwtc wrote:
> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> So, in the end, CAN, you are right. I for one DONT CARE if you have
>> a problem! Just like YOU didnt care that I was in the hospital
>> yesterday -

> nobody knew because you didn't say anything. This is the first I've
> heard of this. Didn't you answer questions yesterday? With that I
> thought you were home. Oh well.

I wasnt in the Hospital ALL Day.
And I didnt say anything because thats not my style. He didnt know WHAT
was going on in my life, or anyone else for that matter. All that
mattered to him was HIS question be answered.

You could have very well been working, or visiting family, or heck out
golfing, getting some needed relaxation. He didnt know, but all he gave
was 20 hours and when no-one answered in that time, it was no one cared.

Well, he was right in the end, I dont care about his problem because he
got so snippy when he didnt get an answer within 20 hours. I've seen
others here wait days, even weeks for an answer to their questions. He
gets ticked after twenty hours? What does he think, everyone else gets
paid to be here or something? NOBODY get paid here.