Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > py2app question: Resources/Python -> Resources/lib/python2.4

py2app question: Resources/Python -> Resources/lib/python2.4

Russell E. Owen

I was using an older version of py2app to distribute an application.
This placed the python library code in TUI.app/Contents/Resources/Python

I just upgraded to py2app 0.3.5 and now I find the same stuff is being
put in TUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.4

This change breaks my code because resource files need to go in the same
location, though I can certainly modify the code that copies the
resource files.

My main question is: am I seeing this change because I'm doing something
wrong (in which case I'd like to fix it)? Or is it just the new way to
do things (in which case I can modify my resource copying code)?

If it's the new way to do things, is there a recommended way to find
this directory automatically (or copy directory trees of files into it
automatically without knowing its name) -- to insulate myself against
future such changes?

-- Russell

problems using py2app Richard Taylor Python 0 10-10-2005 10:53 AM
py2app and Bittornado bsharitt@gmail.com Python 3 08-30-2005 11:54 PM
OS X py2app confusion bex Python 1 07-25-2005 08:50 PM
py2app can't find boot_app.py Bob Swerdlow Python 0 03-14-2005 07:16 PM
py2app on Mac OS X 10.3 Austin Python 1 12-31-2004 11:26 AM

Advertisments