Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2800 Series and Multihoming

Cisco 2800 Series and Multihoming

gregchagnon@hotmail.com

Hi,
I'm a bit new to multihoming and BGP, but I was wondering if it was
possible to make 1 2800 Series router with the appropriate NM be able
to connect to multiple T1s from multiple vendors? If not, what is the
best way to multihome to say, 1 T1 from AT&T and 2 T1's from MCI?
Thanks!

shawn

Haven't used this router myself, but you should be able to get 3
T1-WICs for your Ts to your providers.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps58...d8016fa68.html

As for some sort of backup/redundancy, I would use two routers just in
case... Then you can use BGP with partial routes to the two providers
and iBGP to include the other router (if you use two routers).... (i'm
a newbie myself to BGP).. Good Luck...