Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ip http authentication local

ip http authentication local

Brian V

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> tony wrote:
>> I have to enable aaa? I am using local users. Shown below is the config.
>> Its
>> a layer 2 network. It the config below sufficient? please comment

> you MUST enable aaa
>
> see
>
> http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-ad...case=K34241203

no need for aaa when using local:
"ip http authentication local"

-Brian

Merv

Then I would configure each username with provilege level 1 in the
username command

tony

Is it possible to limit or prevent which user can run enable command?

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Then I would configure each username with provilege level 1 in the
> username command

BernieM

"tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ee4ia8$t1i$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is it possible to limit or prevent which user can run enable command?
>
> "Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Then I would configure each username with provilege level 1 in the
>> username command

yes, don't give the enable password to people you don't want going to enable
mode.

Merv

You may wish to check out CLI role-based views

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1043332