Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JetBrains Challenges Java Developers: ""Plug in and Win $5,000!" in IntelliJ IDEAL Plugin Contest

JetBrains Challenges Java Developers: ""Plug in and Win $5,000!" in IntelliJ IDEAL Plugin Contest

oxigen@mail.ru

Dear Java developers,

September 1 marks the official start of JetBrains first ever plugin
contest. We've dubbed this exciting event "IntelliJ IDEAL Plugin
Contest"
and we'll be giving away over $25,000 (US) in cash and software prizes
to the developers of the IntelliJ IDEA plugins that we judge the best.

PRIZES:
The grand prize is $5000 (US) plus a free Personal license for IntelliJ

IDEA and JetBrains TMate, plus free licenses for several cool developer

tools, including JIRA Professional and Confluence Workgroup from
Atlassian (www.atlassian.com).

Two second place winners will nab $2000 each plus a free tools license
pack including IntelliJ IDEA and TMate, and a choice of either JIRA or
Confluence.

The leader of the IntelliJ IDEA development team, our own Max Shafirov,

will select one entry as his personal favorite, and award the Team
Leader's Prize of $1000 in cash plus a lesser (but still very spiffy)
tools license pack.

Three Honorable Mention winners will receive a free Personal License
for
IntelliJ IDEA and several other free licenses.

Everybody who submits a valid entry with non-trivial functionality will

receive a commemorative contest T-shirt.

CONTEST INFO:
Entered plugins can be 100% new, or extensions of existing plugins in
the IntelliJ IDEA Plugin Repository (http://plugins.intellij.net) -
only
the new functionality will be judged. Your plugin must be compatible
with the IntelliJ IDEA 5.1 Open API and/or 6.0 Open API (a beta version

of which is available at www.jetbrains.com/doublebeta.html), and must
be submitted under a Berkeley Standard Distribution (BSD) open source
license, or under an Apache License. You'll need to join the IntelliJ
IDEA Early Access Program (www.intellij.net/index.jsp) to get advance
API info and builds for testing.</p>

Key Dates
---------
The contest kicks off September 1, 2006. Final code and collaterals
must
be submitted by October 31, 2006. Winners will be contacted by e-mail,
and the winners list will be posted on the contest home page and
announced in JetBrains blogs and RSS feeds on December 11, 2006. For
full contest details, prize info, official rules, submission
procedures,
etc. visit http://plugins.intellij.net.

This contest is a definite win-win proposition, even if for those who
don't take away a prize. Why? Because a lot of great new plugins are
going to come out of it, which will benefit the entire developer
community.

We invite you to spread the word and consider entering the contest
yourself. We're really looking forward to seeing what cool stuff people

come up to make your (and our!) favorite Java IDE even smarter and more

productive.

Ready - set - let the coding with pleasure begin!

Best regards,
Ilia Dumov