Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > help! noob w/ formatting problems!!!

help! noob w/ formatting problems!!!

littlemisssunshine littlemisssunshine is offline
Junior Member

hi i've never formatted before but i didn't think it would be this hard. so far i've managed to format my c: drive and some i managed to reach up to this screen

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...dos/Image4.gif

but i have no idea what smartdrv .. so i clicked continue setup without smartdrv i always make it up to here

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...dos/Image5.gif

and then it stops.......and nothing happens!!! i'am so new at this and i don't what to do. HELP! please!

Billy Billy is offline
Junior Member

First just so I know some of the details, you say you formated your C drive and now are installing windows, how with a recovery partition, with a widows disk, with recovery CD's, if it is a disk, is it a legit copy of windows, last give me some info about your computer, (brand, speed, ram, and age of cd drive)
That being said, with the info you have given, if I had to guess I'd say that either your copy of windows is scratched, or your CD drive is the culprate, even if a cd drive can read most cd's i've had problems with older drives installing windows, post the info and I'll know better