Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 501 password reset

PIX 501 password reset

wqmmnm@gmail.com

I found the information on CISCO's website oh how to reset the password
on the pix box but I can't get it to work. I think the outside
interface of my router is 10.100.142.1. I have a cable going from the
console port to a serial port on another PC. I then have a network
cable going from the PC that the console cable is plugged into the port
4 of the PIX 501 box. Lastly I hard code the ip address of this PC to
make sure the pix box and the pc are in the same network. I still
can't get the PC to ping the pix box and vice versa so that I can do a
tftp transaction.

Thank you,
Walter .Q Mason III

CCIE 15766

I think this may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...b.shtml#sample

> I found the information on CISCO's website oh how to reset the password
> on the pix box but I can't get it to work. I think the outside
> interface of my router is 10.100.142.1. I have a cable going from the
> console port to a serial port on another PC. I then have a network
> cable going from the PC that the console cable is plugged into the port
> 4 of the PIX 501 box. Lastly I hard code the ip address of this PC to
> make sure the pix box and the pc are in the same network. I still
> can't get the PC to ping the pix box and vice versa so that I can do a
> tftp transaction.
>
> Thank you,
> Walter .Q Mason III

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Walter,

You may also wish to view:

How to use a TFTP server to access PIX Firewall

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1007898

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO