Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Losing Wireless Connection

Losing Wireless Connection

e_tietze e_tietze is offline
Junior Member

I am having problems with my wireless network staying connected. Early today I was at a different location and my laptop tried to connect to someone Netgear network unsuccessfully. Now when using my laptop at home it keeps dropping the connection.

I will be working along just fine for 5 minutes or so and suddenly it will popup that it was unable to connect to the netgear network and asks if I want to repair the connection. My home router is a Belkin.

It (the Belkin) shows up in my wireless connections list and none other but it. When I tell it to connect, it will show connected and allow me to surf the internet but my wireless icon in the system tray shows that I am not connected. It has the netgear network stuck in here somewhere. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for any help.