Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Re: Self-Test Questions from MS eLearning

Re: Self-Test Questions from MS eLearning

Jonathan Roberts

shameless bump..

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all!
>
> I have been taking some of the free (currently) SQL Server 2005
> elearning courses that MS has made available. The self-test questions
> seem very easy. However, they do reinforce the section's topics. Are
> they similar to what one will find on a real exam? (I'm not looking
> for specifics!)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jonathan

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> shameless bump..
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hello all!
>>
>> I have been taking some of the free (currently) SQL Server 2005
>> elearning courses that MS has made available. The self-test questions
>> seem very easy. However, they do reinforce the section's topics. Are
>> they similar to what one will find on a real exam? (I'm not looking
>> for specifics!)
>>
>> Thanks in advance,

Jonathan, my gut response is.. "not even"...

The eLearning courses are really designed to be an "intro to.." type of
curriculum,
where as the cert exams really require actual experience with the product
and a fair level of technical knowledge.

I strongly recommend completing the eLearning courses as part of the cert
exam requirements,
but the self-test questions are really nothing more than a 'quick
check', a self-assessment, if you will,
that you, as a reader/student, have grasped the fundamental points of a
unit.

For a better example of cert exam questions, I recommend MSPress Cert Study
Guides or practice exams from one of the major practice exam publishers.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MVP-Software Distribution
Everything you need for WSUS is at

Jonathan Roberts

Thank you for the response. You said what I suspected. I have the MS Press
books also and plan to use the tests on the CD. I have been told that they
are good.

Thanks again,

Jonathan
\
"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jonathan, my gut response is.. "not even"...
>
> The eLearning courses are really designed to be an "intro to.." type

of
> curriculum,
> where as the cert exams really require actual experience with the product
> and a fair level of technical knowledge.
>
> I strongly recommend completing the eLearning courses as part of the cert
> exam requirements,
> but the self-test questions are really nothing more than a 'quick
> check', a self-assessment, if you will,
> that you, as a reader/student, have grasped the fundamental points of

> unit.
>
> For a better example of cert exam questions, I recommend MSPress Cert

Study
> Guides or practice exams from one of the major practice exam publishers.
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MVP-Software Distribution
> Everything you need for WSUS is at

http://technet2.microsoft.com/window...s/default.mspx
> And, everything else is at
> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Free eLearning Course offer; Course catalog misrepresenting materi DoubleHelix Microsoft Certification 3 04-09-2008 12:53 PM
RFID4U brings World's largest RFID eLearning portal TEAMRFID.COM Rodrique Hardware 0 03-14-2008 05:10 PM
Microsoft ELearning Website error =?Utf-8?B?T3NjYXI=?= Microsoft Certification 1 11-08-2005 12:08 PM
Free elearning The Rev [MCT] MCSE 14 08-11-2005 12:29 PM
Microsoft ELearning Website Error Bob Christian MCSE 3 08-05-2005 04:34 AM

Advertisments