Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Any way to strengthen wifi signal in Dell 6000?

Any way to strengthen wifi signal in Dell 6000?

uhdcjstudent uhdcjstudent is offline
Junior Member
Location: Houston

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. In some parts of my school's campus, or even different parts of my house, I get a low wireless signal (compared to good or very good). Is there any way of strengthening or boosting my computer's signal strength?

Don35 Don35 is offline
Junior Member

The ONLY way that makes any sense is to BUY an external card that allows or has an antenna. YOu could ALSO try to take the little cover off and MAKE SURE the two antenna wires are snapped on to the card. The DELL uses two pieces of wire that extend in the cover and the lower hafl of the case. ITS marginal at best. IF one or both of them are off, you can improve the signal with them hooked up. THE card approach is cheap enough now-a-days