Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vonage, Takes Ages Before My Phone Rings

Vonage, Takes Ages Before My Phone Rings

Ivor Jones

"Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:50:30 +0100, Jono wrote:
>
> > Al submitted this idea :

> > > Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing
> > > calls?

> > ...since forever, unless you mean to the PSTN....? Most
> > of Ivor's calls are to other Sipgate users.

> Then Ivor lives in a different planet from mine. My calls
> are almost exclusively to numbers starting 01 or 02. I
> don't need to know the name of their supplier, I just
> know them as normal UK advertised telephone numbers.

So are the numbers I call. It just so happens that most of them are also
Sipgate numbers. Right here on planet Earth.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> But you see Ivor probably is only calling people he has
> cajoled into signing up with Sipgate

You're partly correct, most of the people I call *are* friends who joined
Sipgate on my advice. However there was no "cajoling" involved and I don't
think any of them are dissatisfied with the service, if they are they
haven't told me.

> with his once
> forever trying to make out that Sipgate was the best
> thing since sliced bread every other provider was/is
> rubbish compared with his glorious sipgate .

Quote me numbers, Ron. Give me proof that what you say is true. Point me
in the direction of documented evidence that more people are dissatisfied
with Sipgate than are not. You don't even know how many customers they
have, so how can you..?

> You know I am almost certain he is getting a back hander
> from Sipgate even when they once closed the service down
> for over 48 hrs he had nothing but praise for the damned
> company .

Put your money where your mouth is, Ron. If you can *prove* beyond
reasonable doubt that what you say is true then I will admit it, but as
you won't be able to (quite simply because it isn't) just shut up.

Ivor

Phil

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RfjMg.5951$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "^^artnada^^" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:7TaMg.15666$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Fred wrote:
>>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:4500681f$0$1377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> Hi Phil
>>> How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk? I am with
>>> Freetalk
>>> presently but not keen to switch over to Vonage as we had alot of call
>>> quality issues with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
>>> Thanks
>>> Fred.

>> Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND Vonage, (as I am
>> mid-way through transfering from FT to Vo), and the quality on Vonage is
>> very good. Very clear, no crackling, delays etc.
>>
>> I'm impressed.
>>

> Hi Phil
> Thanks for replying. Can I ask a further question? How long have you had
> the Vonage service running for and have the parties you are calling
> commented on the call quality at all? The reason I ask is that when I had
> Vonage 9/10 I could hear the othe rparty very clearly. It was the other
> party who complained of cracks/pops/delays/echoes. If you would be
> interested in making a test call with me then that would be excellent too.
> My real email address is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com. Remove nospam
> obviously to email me.
> Thanks
> Fred.

Hi Fred, I've only had the service up and running for a couple of days. I
have to say the call quality is excellent I have made a number of calls and
asked the person on the other end of the line what the audio is like and
they all say it's as good as if I was calling from a normal line.

Fred

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45022e17$0$1376$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:RfjMg.5951$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> "^^artnada^^" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:7TaMg.15666$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

>>> Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND Vonage, (as I am
>>> mid-way through transfering from FT to Vo), and the quality on Vonage is
>>> very good. Very clear, no crackling, delays etc.
>>>
>>> I'm impressed.
>>>

>> Hi Phil
>> Thanks for replying. Can I ask a further question? How long have you had
>> the Vonage service running for and have the parties you are calling
>> commented on the call quality at all? The reason I ask is that when I had
>> Vonage 9/10 I could hear the othe rparty very clearly. It was the other
>> party who complained of cracks/pops/delays/echoes. If you would be
>> interested in making a test call with me then that would be excellent
>> too. My real email address is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com. Remove
>> nospam obviously to email me.
>> Thanks
>> Fred.

> Hi Fred, I've only had the service up and running for a couple of days. I
> have to say the call quality is excellent I have made a number of calls
> and asked the person on the other end of the line what the audio is like
> and they all say it's as good as if I was calling from a normal line.

Thanks again Phil. That is good news indeed. However, due to the number of
pc's we have in our house we all have to connect via a wireless router. Do
you have your adapter connected to a router and if so how is the adapter
configured? (I have a Linksys WRTG54 connected to Cable modem with Freetalk
adapter running from router with no QOS in place-having QOS on caused call
quality issues previously).
Fred.

Phil

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NmwMg.20825$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45022e17$0$1376$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:RfjMg.5951$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>
>>> "^^artnada^^" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:7TaMg.15666$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

>>> Hi Phil
>>> Thanks for replying. Can I ask a further question? How long have you had
>>> the Vonage service running for and have the parties you are calling
>>> commented on the call quality at all? The reason I ask is that when I
>>> had Vonage 9/10 I could hear the othe rparty very clearly. It was the
>>> other party who complained of cracks/pops/delays/echoes. If you would be
>>> interested in making a test call with me then that would be excellent
>>> too. My real email address is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com. Remove
>>> nospam obviously to email me.
>>> Thanks
>>> Fred.

>> Hi Fred, I've only had the service up and running for a couple of days. I
>> have to say the call quality is excellent I have made a number of calls
>> and asked the person on the other end of the line what the audio is like
>> and they all say it's as good as if I was calling from a normal line.
>>

> Thanks again Phil. That is good news indeed. However, due to the number of
> pc's we have in our house we all have to connect via a wireless router. Do
> you have your adapter connected to a router and if so how is the adapter
> configured? (I have a Linksys WRTG54 connected to Cable modem with
> Freetalk adapter running from router with no QOS in place-having QOS on
> caused call quality issues previously).
> Fred.

I have a Zoom X5V modem/router. I just plugged the Vonage adaptor into one
of the ports on the modem/router. It worked straight away. It's already
configured for your account there was no set up necessary.

Fred

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45032832$0$27315$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NmwMg.20825$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>
>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:45022e17$0$1376$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:RfjMg.5951$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Hi Fred, I've only had the service up and running for a couple of days.
>>> I have to say the call quality is excellent I have made a number of
>>> calls and asked the person on the other end of the line what the audio
>>> is like and they all say it's as good as if I was calling from a normal
>>> line.
>>>

>> Thanks again Phil. That is good news indeed. However, due to the number
>> of pc's we have in our house we all have to connect via a wireless
>> router. Do you have your adapter connected to a router and if so how is
>> the adapter configured? (I have a Linksys WRTG54 connected to Cable modem
>> with Freetalk adapter running from router with no QOS in place-having QOS
>> on caused call quality issues previously).
>> Fred.
>>

> I have a Zoom X5V modem/router. I just plugged the Vonage adaptor into one
> of the ports on the modem/router. It worked straight away. It's already
> configured for your account there was no set up necessary.

Hi Phil
Does your Zoom X5V modem/router have QOS as standard and if so have you
configured it at all or just left it off?
Thanks
Fred.

Phil

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EJZMg.20334$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45032832$0$27315$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:NmwMg.20825$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>>
>>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:45022e17$0$1376$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Thanks again Phil. That is good news indeed. However, due to the number
>>> of pc's we have in our house we all have to connect via a wireless
>>> router. Do you have your adapter connected to a router and if so how is
>>> the adapter configured? (I have a Linksys WRTG54 connected to Cable
>>> modem with Freetalk adapter running from router with no QOS in
>>> place-having QOS on caused call quality issues previously).
>>> Fred.
>>>

>> I have a Zoom X5V modem/router. I just plugged the Vonage adaptor into
>> one of the ports on the modem/router. It worked straight away. It's
>> already configured for your account there was no set up necessary.
>>

> Hi Phil
> Does your Zoom X5V modem/router have QOS as standard and if so have you
> configured it at all or just left it off?
> Thanks
> Fred.

Doesn't have it as far as I know.

Fred

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45069400$0$1383$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EJZMg.20334$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>
>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:45032832$0$27315$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:NmwMg.20825$(E-Mail Removed) k...

>>> I have a Zoom X5V modem/router. I just plugged the Vonage adaptor into
>>> one of the ports on the modem/router. It worked straight away. It's
>>> already configured for your account there was no set up necessary.
>>>

>> Hi Phil
>> Does your Zoom X5V modem/router have QOS as standard and if so have you
>> configured it at all or just left it off?
>> Thanks
>> Fred.
>>

> Doesn't have it as far as I know.

Hi Phil-would u like to try a test call to see how good your Vonage is? My
email is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com.
Remove nospam for address.
Fred.

Fred

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fbDNg.31316$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45069400$0$1383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:EJZMg.20334$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>>
>>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:45032832$0$27315$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hi Phil
>>> Does your Zoom X5V modem/router have QOS as standard and if so have you
>>> configured it at all or just left it off?
>>> Thanks
>>> Fred.
>>>

>> Doesn't have it as far as I know.
>>

> Hi Phil-would u like to try a test call to see how good your Vonage is? My
> email is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com.
> Remove nospam for address.
> Fred.

Meant to add that if you email me your tel number i could call you!
Fred.

Ivor Jones

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8BENg.58220$(E-Mail Removed). uk

[snip]

> Meant to add that if you email me your tel number i could
> call you! Fred.

Ever heard of snipping repeated posts..?

Ivor