Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > images missing, submit is dead (IE)

images missing, submit is dead (IE)

Gernot Frisch

In this page:
http://www.bibelchristen.de/quiz.php?topic=papst

There's a problem with my images. Firefox looks good, IE6 looks
"naked".

Also the submit button is dead. I typed it like:

<form name="test" action="quiz.php?topic=papst" method="post">
</form>

Please help.

--
-Gernot
int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

Jonathan N. Little

Gernot Frisch wrote:
> In this page:
> http://www.bibelchristen.de/quiz.php?topic=papst
>
> There's a problem with my images. Firefox looks good, IE6 looks
> "naked".

That one's easy, MSIE's miserable PNG support:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...rency+&spell=1
MSIE png alpha transparency - Google Search

> Also the submit button is dead. I typed it like:
>
> <form name="test" action="quiz.php?topic=papst" method="post">
> </form>

Not sure, don't have time to debug for you. You do have a few markup
errors but not too serious.

One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as well?

<form name="test" action="quiz.php" method="post">
<input hype=hidden" name="topic" value="papst">

Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Gernot Frisch

I use the exact same images on www.glbasic.com - they work.

> One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
> parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as
> well?

Because I want the quiz-topic to be linkable, so you can have several
topics with my quiz script and send liks to them to friends.
Thank you so far.

Jonathan N. Little

Gernot Frisch wrote:
>> That one's easy, MSIE's miserable PNG support:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...rency+&spell=1
>> MSIE png alpha transparency - Google Search

> I use the exact same images on www.glbasic.com - they work.
>

>> One question though, if you sending by POST why put a query string
>> parameter in your form's action? Not better to transmit by POST as
>> well?

> Because I want the quiz-topic to be linkable, so you can have several
> topics with my quiz script and send liks to them to friends.
> Thank you so far.

Hmm, path problem? When I downloaded your page with gfx it does display
in IE! Most likely a floated element whacking IE, IE can be touchy with
floats... My advice is to strip down to minimal and build back and test
in IE to locate the bug. Tedious, but works.

On another note however your DOCTYPE is set strict (GOOD) but your
coding style is transitional in places (BAD)

vlink="blue">

change to CSS:

BODY { color: black; background-color: white; }
A:link, A:visited, A:active {color: blue; }

HTML: <body>

and
width="100%">

change to CSS:

TABLE { border-collapse: collapse; width: 100% height: 100%; }

HTML: <table>

--
Take care,

Jonathan