Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2EE: How to Transfer String of size > 3MB from EJB Server to Web Client

J2EE: How to Transfer String of size > 3MB from EJB Server to Web Client

Lalit

Hi All,
I have a problem regarding the amount of data i need to transfer from
App Server to Web Client. I have a String of size about 3-4 MB which i
need to transfer from EJB Server to my Web Client.
Can anyone suggest some solution or alternatives?

Marcin Zduniak

Strings usually compress well, so maybe try using classes from package
java.util.zip to squeeze your data ?

Regards,
Marcin Zduniak / http://zduniak.com

Lalit wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a problem regarding the amount of data i need to transfer from
> App Server to Web Client. I have a String of size about 3-4 MB which i
> need to transfer from EJB Server to my Web Client.
> Can anyone suggest some solution or alternatives?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Lalit wrote:
> I have a problem regarding the amount of data i need to transfer from
> App Server to Web Client. I have a String of size about 3-4 MB which i
> need to transfer from EJB Server to my Web Client.
> Can anyone suggest some solution or alternatives?

It may actual work on some/most app servers.

But I assume that it is not since you are asking.

If it is a stateful session bean then you can
get multiple smaller chunks.

But there are probably not a perfect solution, because
EJB's are not really designed to handle LOB's.

Arne