Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > default cisco telnet username

default cisco telnet username

tony

I enabled telnet on my cisco switch but when i telnet in, it asks for
username. What is the default username on a 4506 switch?

Merv

tony wrote:
> I enabled telnet on my cisco switch but when i telnet in, it asks for
> username. What is the default username on a 4506 switch?

did you config 'loging local" on the vty s?

do you still have console access ?

if you have console access then try configuring a username and password

config t
username <place name here> secret <place password here>
end
wri mem

LinkWaves

Console it First