Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Redistributing a single static route in OSPF

Redistributing a single static route in OSPF

Dave Ward

Hi,

I have a requirement to distribute a static route from an OSPF router
to its neighbours.

However the router has several static routes configured on it, and I
only want one of them to be redistributed.

The remaining static routes must not be redistributed.

Is it possible to do this. And if so, how?

thanks

Dave

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

Dave Ward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to distribute a static route from an OSPF router
> to its neighbours.
>
> However the router has several static routes configured on it, and I
> only want one of them to be redistributed.
>
> The remaining static routes must not be redistributed.
>
> Is it possible to do this. And if so, how?
>
> thanks
>
> Dave

You will be able to use a route map to control the redistribution.

I need to practise these (CCNP) and could have a look later

router ospf 1
redist static route-map RM.ospf.static (subnets?)

route-map RM.ospf.static 10
match ip address ACL.ospf.static

ip ascess-l s ACL.ospf.static
permit ip route.address route.wildcard

Warning - whenever redistributing routes you need to
take care not to create routing loops and/or
redistribution loops.