Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco wireless access points: snmp query for number of clients

Cisco wireless access points: snmp query for number of clients

Sylvain Robitaille

Hello again folks ...

I seem to be having more than a little trouble wrapping my head around
getting information from our wireless access points via SNMP. I have
the SNMP Essentials (O'Reilly) book, but I think its scope is too broad
for this particular question.

I would like to be able to query each of our access points (Cisco AP350s,
AP1100s, and AP1210s, all running fairly new versions of IOS) for the
number of associated clients they have (other traffic-related data,
per client would also be nice, but in the short-term I would be happy
with number of clients). I'm using net-snmp-5.3.1, and have a directory
full of Cisco MIB files (and reason to believe these are being read),
but I don't actually know what to query for.

Walking the tree from "." doesn't show anything that stands out to me as
what I'm after, but it's entirely likely that the answer is staring
right at me though I can't see it ...

Anyone able to offer advice? Pointers to relevant documentation would
be greatly appreciated.

Sylvain Robitaille http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Merv

Is it cDot11ActiveWirelessClients

see http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/mobil.../clt-snmp.html

Sylvain Robitaille

Merv wrote:

> Is it cDot11ActiveWirelessClients

I was hoping it would be, but:

: rorschach[syl] ~; snmpget ${ap} \
CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB::cDot11ActiveWirelessClients
CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB::cDot11ActiveWirelessClients = No Such
Instance currently exists at this OID

> see http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/mobil.../clt-snmp.html

Thanks for that. It might still contain additional information I can
use.

Sylvain Robitaille (E-Mail Removed)