Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > motorola AP

motorola AP

09-05-2006
Im currently setting up a network, i was given a WA840G access point to use. it works great on my computer which is a apple powerbook. however the computers they will be using on the network is a mixture of Mac's and PC's.

after i got it all configured using a pc i tested it using my laptop. i got a call today saying that the mac's work great but the pc's wont connect. in the info box when i refresh it shows the AP as a full signal but it wont connect.

could someone help me.

09-16-2006
Make sure you have the AP set to MIXED mode. Sounds like the APPLES may be running "B" and the others are "G" Or vice versa. Look at the PC that doesnt work and the wireless utility should tell you what the AP is broadcasting (b or g)