Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > motorola AP

motorola AP

mak2t mak2t is offline
Junior Member

Im currently setting up a network, i was given a WA840G access point to use. it works great on my computer which is a apple powerbook. however the computers they will be using on the network is a mixture of Mac's and PC's.

after i got it all configured using a pc i tested it using my laptop. i got a call today saying that the mac's work great but the pc's wont connect. in the info box when i refresh it shows the AP as a full signal but it wont connect.

could someone help me.

Don35 Don35 is offline
Junior Member

Make sure you have the AP set to MIXED mode. Sounds like the APPLES may be running "B" and the others are "G" Or vice versa. Look at the PC that doesnt work and the wireless utility should tell you what the AP is broadcasting (b or g)