Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Ping PIX inside interface from outside host

Ping PIX inside interface from outside host

Al

Hi

1. Is there a way to make PIX inside interface pingable from an outside
host?
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, how can we make inside interface
pingable in a IPSEC VPN tunnel from a remote host?

Thanks.
Al

PES

Al wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1. Is there a way to make PIX inside interface pingable from an outside
> host?
> 2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, how can we make inside interface
> pingable in a IPSEC VPN tunnel from a remote host?
>
> Thanks.
> Al

You can do it only through an ipsec tunnel as far as I know. To do so,

management-access inside

--
Paul Stewart