Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Overture/Yahoo & Google PPC referral tracking

Overture/Yahoo & Google PPC referral tracking

Ben Fidge

Hi

My customer has signed up for Yahoo/Overture and Google PPC (Pay Per Click)
and I need to be able to track what sessions are referred via them. It
appears that referrals from Yahoo/Overture pass certain parameters in the
querystring such as "OVRAW" and "OVKEY". Does anyone know if this can be
100% relied upon or is there a better way of achieving what I want to do?

My customer also signs up for Google Adwords and I could do with being able
to reliably determine which referrals come from where if possible.

Any advice most gratefully received.

Ben

Winista

I think all advertisers allow the site to specify a landing page for the ad.
This is usually the way to track the referals.

"Ben Fidge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OS%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> My customer has signed up for Yahoo/Overture and Google PPC (Pay Per
> Click) and I need to be able to track what sessions are referred via them.
> It appears that referrals from Yahoo/Overture pass certain parameters in
> the querystring such as "OVRAW" and "OVKEY". Does anyone know if this can
> be 100% relied upon or is there a better way of achieving what I want to
> do?
>
> My customer also signs up for Google Adwords and I could do with being
> able to reliably determine which referrals come from where if possible.
>
> Any advice most gratefully received.
>
> Ben

Ben Fidge

Hi Winista

Thanks for your response. Can you elaborate on this further please.

Ben

news:ueb$(E-Mail Removed)...