Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Disco.exe?

Disco.exe?

Arpan

A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.

Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):

disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco

the following error gets generated:

'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
Framework 2.0?

Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.

Thanks,

Arpan

Ray Booysen

If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
to the %PATH% object and it should work.

Regards
Ray

Arpan wrote:
> A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
> "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.
>
> Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
> C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):
>
> disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco
>
> the following error gets generated:
>
> 'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
> Framework 2.0?
>
> Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
> searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arpan

Arpan

Ray, I have got Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition installed in
my Win2K Pro m/c. By Visual Studio 2005, do you mean Visual Web
Developer 2005?

Moreover VWD 2005 under the Start menu is not in any folder (it's just
a lone item under Programs) but I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed in my
m/c. which has a Command Prompt clicking which opens the command prompt
at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0 prompt.

I even tried running sdkvars.bat file under C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin but that didn't make any difference.

Regards,

Arpan

Ray Booysen wrote:
> If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
> Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
> Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
> to the %PATH% object and it should work.
>
> Regards
> Ray
>
> Arpan wrote:
> > A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
> > "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.
> >
> > Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
> > C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):
> >
> > disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco
> >
> > the following error gets generated:
> >
> > 'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> > program or batch file.
> >
> > How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
> > Framework 2.0?
> >
> > Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
> > searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Arpan

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed

If you do, you will find disco.exe in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

Make sure that path is in your environment variables.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Ray, I have got Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition installed in
> my Win2K Pro m/c. By Visual Studio 2005, do you mean Visual Web
> Developer 2005?
>
> Moreover VWD 2005 under the Start menu is not in any folder (it's just
> a lone item under Programs) but I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed in my
> m/c. which has a Command Prompt clicking which opens the command prompt
> at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0 prompt.
>
> I even tried running sdkvars.bat file under C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin but that didn't make any difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arpan
>
> Ray Booysen wrote:
>> If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
>> Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
>> Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
>> to the %PATH% object and it should work.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ray
>>
>> Arpan wrote:
>> > A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
>> > "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.
>> >
>> > Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
>> > C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):
>> >
>> > disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco
>> >
>> > the following error gets generated:
>> >
>> > 'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
>> > program or batch file.
>> >
>> > How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
>> > Framework 2.0?
>> >
>> > Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
>> > searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Arpan

Arpan

> > I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed
> If you do, you will find disco.exe in
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
"disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin (though
Tlbimp.exe, wsdl.exe, xsd.exe etc.) are there!

> Make sure that path is in your environment variables

How do I ensure that path is in my environment variables?

When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
& click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program

Juan T. Llibre wrote:
> re:
> > I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed

> If you do, you will find disco.exe in
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin
>
> Make sure that path is in your environment variables.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> "Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Ray, I have got Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition installed in
> > my Win2K Pro m/c. By Visual Studio 2005, do you mean Visual Web
> > Developer 2005?
> >
> > Moreover VWD 2005 under the Start menu is not in any folder (it's just
> > a lone item under Programs) but I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed in my
> > m/c. which has a Command Prompt clicking which opens the command prompt
> > at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0 prompt.
> >
> > I even tried running sdkvars.bat file under C:\Program
> > Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin but that didn't make any difference.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Arpan
> >
> > Ray Booysen wrote:
> >> If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
> >> Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
> >> Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
> >> to the %PATH% object and it should work.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Ray

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
> "disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

That's very strange, since it's included in the SDK.

See : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9kh6s92.aspx

re:
> Make sure that path is in your environment variables

---000---
When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
& click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin.
---000---

That's the way it's supposed to be.
Why you don't have disco.exe in the /bin directory is a mystery to me.

Maybe you could re-download/re-install it ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...