Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Higher-level OpenGL modules

Higher-level OpenGL modules

Leon

Greetings,

Does anybody know of or is working on any python modules that allow for
a direct but higher-level interface to OpenGL? For example, quick
functions to draw lines, curves, and basic shapes; define hsb color
mode; fill and stroke operations; easy loading of images, svg files,
etc (much like the processing language -
http://www.processing.org/reference/index.html). The closest thing I
could find was devachan - http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/sw/devachan/,
but its very limited. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Leon

Wolfgang Draxinger

Leon wrote:

> http://www.processing.org/reference/index.html). The closest
> thing I could find was devachan -

Hava a look at Amanith http://www.amanith.org
OpenGL is that "low" level by design. Everything beyond is to be
packed into other libraries.

Wolfgang Draxinger
--
E-Mail address works, Jabber: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), ICQ: 134682867
GPG key FP: 2FC8 319E C7D7 1ADC 0408 65C6 05F5 A645 1FD3 BD3E

Eric_Dexter@msn.com

http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/ I wouldn't begin to tell you how to
install this.. Looks like russian roulette with virus since the .dll's
are not available and are not linked from the site but are available
from lots of places in the google search. Looks like there is a
copyright that might prevent you from distributing copies of your
program with the other library. I am not an expert of pyexe though and
what that does. I also noticed scipy and that seemed to work well,
shame there isn't templates for the objects in boa-constructor

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=156455
http://www.dexrow.com..
Leon wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anybody know of or is working on any python modules that allow for
> a direct but higher-level interface to OpenGL? For example, quick
> functions to draw lines, curves, and basic shapes; define hsb color
> mode; fill and stroke operations; easy loading of images, svg files,
> etc (much like the processing language -
> http://www.processing.org/reference/index.html). The closest thing I
> could find was devachan - http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/sw/devachan/,
> but its very limited. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Leon

Leon

Thanks guys!, Ill look into your suggestions. I'm actually currently
working directly with pyOpenGL, but hopefully Ill find something that
would make me more efficient. I might end up writing a library myself.

Felipe Almeida Lessa

5 Sep 2006 03:44:47 -0700, Leon <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anybody know of or is working on any python modules that allow for
> a direct but higher-level interface to OpenGL? For example, quick
> functions to draw lines, curves, and basic shapes; define hsb color
> mode; fill and stroke operations; easy loading of images, svg files,
> etc (much like the processing language -
> http://www.processing.org/reference/index.html). The closest thing I
> could find was devachan - http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/sw/devachan/,
> but its very limited. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Soya? I don't know if it fulfill your needs, though.
http://home.gna.org/oomadness/en/soya/

--
Felipe.

Ben Sizer

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/ I wouldn't begin to tell you how to
> install this.. Looks like russian roulette with virus since the .dll's
> are not available and are not linked from the site but are available
> from lots of places in the google search.

I think you're very mistaken... it's a little over-complex, but
everything you need is up there, on the installation and download
pages, and the only other .dlls you need are the OpenGL ones which the
original poster will already have.

--
Ben Sizer