Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java idle processing

Java idle processing

HappyHippy

Hi,

My question is: is there any way to implement "OnIdle" processing in
Java? All I want is to have a function called whenever the process is in
idle state.
It is commonly used in various C/C++ toolkits, but I couldn't find any
way to implement it in Java.

Thank you!

Eric Sosman

HappyHippy wrote On 09/04/06 23:14,:
> Hi,
>
> My question is: is there any way to implement "OnIdle" processing in
> Java? All I want is to have a function called whenever the process is in
> idle state.
> It is commonly used in various C/C++ toolkits, but I couldn't find any
> way to implement it in Java.

If such a thing exists, I haven't heard of it. One issue
would be to define precisely what you mean by "in idle state."

What task do you want this function to carry out? Perhaps
you could just run it in a Thread at MIN_PRIORITY.