Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > support tuner in compaq me has encountered a network error

support tuner in compaq me has encountered a network error

pepperoni pepperoni is offline
Junior Member

I had an outage with Comcast recently, had to get a new modem/ theirs/ was using a linksys WRT54GR wireless system/ my wireless card (linksys 2.4 G) would not pick up wireless, but would work wired, after the outage I cannot even hook into the old wired system (befsr41) (all r Linksys). and just not using the wireless router at all. I am getting the message that the support tuner has encountered a network error, however I can ping the dhcp server when hooked up to the modem itself with no routers, but cannot access the internet, the ip releases and renews with the correct ips etc. Also, I can't reinstall the wireless card, keep receiving a create socket failed message. I had gone back to a restore point prior to the outage thinking maybe it had done something? / have a big mess/ any suggestions? ANY help would be great!

Last edited by pepperoni; 09-05-2006 at 01:42 AM..