Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

Aido

Jim S wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:
>

>>>Also, 'Close tab button

>>>Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
>>>without success. Google doesn't help either.
>>>
>>>Aido. >

>> Is this what you're talking about?
>>https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

> I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2

FF2 is what i'm actually looking for.

Aido. >

Tony Raven

Jim S wrote on 30/09/2006 18:08 +0100:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:
>
>>> Also, 'Close tab button

>>> Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
>>> without success. Google doesn't help either.
>>>
>>> Aido. >

>> Is this what you're talking about?
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

> I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2

Have you tried Tab Mix Plus. You need the Dev Build for FF2
http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2582

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Tony Raven

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...andidates/rc1/

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

pixturesk@gmail.com

kes wrote:
> Ron wrote:
> > I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
> >
> > Ron...

> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

Tony Raven

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 01/10/2006 02:17 +0100:
> kes wrote:
>> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
>> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

> I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
> me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
> Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

Betas maybe, RCs shouldn't be and the wider testing of RCs which are
after all "release candidates" makes sure that when it does become a
release, its less likely to have problems.

As for extensions, the Dev Build of Tab Mix Plus works fine with 2.0RC1,
although the current release version does cause problems, and the other
40 something extensions and themes I have all worked fine when made
compatible with NTT.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Jim S

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:30:35 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote on 01/10/2006 02:17 +0100:
>> kes wrote:
>>> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
>>> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

>> I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
>> me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
>> Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.
>>

> Betas maybe, RCs shouldn't be and the wider testing of RCs which are
> after all "release candidates" makes sure that when it does become a
> release, its less likely to have problems.
>
> As for extensions, the Dev Build of Tab Mix Plus works fine with 2.0RC1,
> although the current release version does cause problems, and the other
> 40 something extensions and themes I have all worked fine when made
> compatible with NTT.

I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
Are they similar?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Tony Raven

Jim S wrote on 01/10/2006 11:47 +0100:

> I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
> Are they similar?

Yes. Give it a try - I prefer TMP YMMV

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Jim S

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:28:31 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

> Jim S wrote on 01/10/2006 11:47 +0100:
>>
>> I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
>> Are they similar?

> Yes. Give it a try - I prefer TMP YMMV

Looks good once I found the dev version for FF2
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Aido

Tony Raven wrote:
> Aido wrote on 30/09/2006 22:28 +0100:
>

>> FF2 is what i'm actually looking for.
>>

> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...andidates/rc1/

Thanks Tony, Next time i'll know to look for the download with EN in
there for English version. Downloaded 2 versions for who knows where. lol.

Aido. >