Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

=?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=

thanks.

Paul McGuire

"????" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> thanks.

poplib

=?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=

poplib cannot receive hotmail.

Paul McGuire wrote:
> "????" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > thanks.
> >

> poplib

Diez B. Roggisch

叮叮当当 wrote:

> poplib cannot receive hotmail.

Not true:

http://www.macworld.com/news/2002/06...mail/index.php

You need to pay for that, but they do offer pop.

And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping techniques is a
daunting task, to say the least - you should forget about that IMHO.

Diez

Tim Chase

> And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
> techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
> forget about that IMHO.

There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping
to dump in a local mailbox file (I don't remember whether it's MH
or mbox format). You can snag it at

http://gotmail.sf.net

Thus, there's evidence that Hotmail can be scraped, but it seems
they have a never-ending battle against Hotmail, trying to keep
up with changes.

I don't know of any Python projects doing the same sort of thing.
It might not be too hard to port the Perl project over to
Python, but one would be an extra level removed from scraping
Hotmail, playing catchup not only with Hotmail, but then porting
the latest fixes from Gotmail.

There are a couple other Hotmail-to-mbox scrapers I've heard of,
but haven't tried.

-tkc

=?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=

thanks.

Tim Chase 写道:

> > And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
> > techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
> > forget about that IMHO.

> There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping
> to dump in a local mailbox file (I don't remember whether it's MH
> or mbox format). You can snag it at
>
> http://gotmail.sf.net
>
> Thus, there's evidence that Hotmail can be scraped, but it seems
> they have a never-ending battle against Hotmail, trying to keep
> up with changes.
>
> I don't know of any Python projects doing the same sort of thing.
> It might not be too hard to port the Perl project over to
> Python, but one would be an extra level removed from scraping
> Hotmail, playing catchup not only with Hotmail, but then porting
> the latest fixes from Gotmail.
>
> There are a couple other Hotmail-to-mbox scrapers I've heard of,
> but haven't tried.
>
> -tkc

Gabriel Genellina

At Tuesday 5/9/2006 13:05, Tim Chase wrote:

> > And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
> > techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
> > forget about that IMHO.

>There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping

Freepops does that (and a lot more) - but it's not written in Python,
it uses LUA.
http://www.freepops.org/
It puts a POP server on top of the webmail, letting you use your
favorite mail program.
The Hotmail plugin works perfectly for me.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Pregunt. Respond. Descubr.
Todo lo que queras saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
est en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas