Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can't print table with color?

Can't print table with color?

jambiani

Hi.

I have made a table, and the is color in the table, but when i print
the table, the color does not come on print?

I have tried on several different printers.
The table http://www.zanzibar-guesthouse.dk/ind.htm

Any suggestions?

Regards.
Martin.

rf

jambiani wrote:

> I have made a table, and the is color in the table, but when i print
> the table, the color does not come on print?

Change your browser settings to "print backgrounds".

--
Richard.

Jonathan N. Little

jambiani wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have made a table, and the is color in the table, but when i print
> the table, the color does not come on print?
>
> I have tried on several different printers.
> The table http://www.zanzibar-guesthouse.dk/ind.htm
>
> Any suggestions?

User controlled setting, cannot control as a designer the use has to
turn on printing of background in their browser.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

cwdjrxyz

jambiani wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have made a table, and the is color in the table, but when i print
> the table, the color does not come on print?
>
> I have tried on several different printers.
> The table http://www.zanzibar-guesthouse.dk/ind.htm

As others noted, you have to turn on printing of background. This may
be on a menu several levels down and vary on different OSs. On Windows
XP, the route is:
Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Internet
Options > Advanced > Scroll well down the advanced options lists until
you find Printing and then check the box labeled Print Background
Colors and Images. If I recall correctly, many new computers come set
to not print background colors, so if it is important to do so for some
page, you perhaps need to indicate how to do this if you have users
that likely do not know many of the details about their computer
settings.