Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Seeing LaTeX files in Firefox

Seeing LaTeX files in Firefox

Hendrik Maryns

Roland de Ruiter

On 4-9-2006 11:40, Hendrik Maryns wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just read the following post in comp.text.tex, and there doesn’t seem
> to be a definite answer:
> (E-Mail Removed) om.
> Does anybody here have a better idea?
>
> I am also curious because I am trying to offer a tex script on my
> web-site, and the annoying behaviour occurs even when I set the
> type="text/plain" attribute of the link.

There was a similar discussion on "mozilla.support.firefox":
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_frm/thread/ca9b29fda7527f98/3cd871b8544f1bf6?tvc=1#3cd871b8544f1bf6>

I suggested the "Open In Browser" extension:
<http://www.spasche.net/mozilla/>

It extends the "Open With/Save to Disk" dialog with "Open In browser".
Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to choose "Do this automatically for
files like this from now on", so there's always a dialog popping up when
you want to view such a file.
--
Regards,

Roland