Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Need Info abt Frame relay fragmentation header

Need Info abt Frame relay fragmentation header

ash

Hi All,

Our setup is like this :

Our test setup is as below :

1) For the MLFR side, Port 5 of Adtech(.153) was connected to Tigris
0/Evros 0.
2) For the FR side, Port 4 of Adtech(.153) was connected to Tigris
1/Evros 1.

Our Packet configuration :

1) IP over Frame Relay Traffic with channelised - DS3
configuration in the MLFR side with the following options set :
DLCI = 16
Flags : C/R, FECN, DE with various combinations
Control UI = 0x03
NLPID = 0xCC
along with IP Packet Format in different modes set:
1) User Mode
2) IP editable Test Blocks.

2) But we are not getting that packet out from FR side.

We thought of adding "fragmentation header" with the packet , we have
not seen any option for adding this.

Where can we get this option or any relevant information for the same
in Adtech AX400.

Thanks in advance.

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Configuring TCP/IP Header
Compression:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1002761

as well as Cisco's Configuring Real-Time Header Compression with Frame
Relay Encapsulation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1002865

Cisco's TCP/IP Header Compression Examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1003934

Finally, Cisco's Frame Relay Header Compression Compatibility
Enhancements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080080081.html

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

ash

Hi,

Thanks for the info.
I am looking from adtech point of view.
We need to send Ip over frame relay...for this when we select IP over
frame relay,
It shows the following option like frame header, payload ..etc.
But we need to add fragmentation header as per FRF .12 .
So we are not sure of adding this header ..from Adtech.

Thanks,
Asha

www.BradReese.Com wrote:

> You may wish to investigate Cisco's Configuring TCP/IP Header
> Compression:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1002761
>
> as well as Cisco's Configuring Real-Time Header Compression with Frame
> Relay Encapsulation:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1002865
>
> Cisco's TCP/IP Header Compression Examples:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...html#wp1003934
>
> Finally, Cisco's Frame Relay Header Compression Compatibility
> Enhancements:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080080081.html
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Brad Reese
> Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
> http://www.BradReese.Com
> 1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
> Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
> USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
> International: 828-277-7272
> Fax: 775-254-3558
> AIM: R2MGrant
> BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
> http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Asha,

FRF.12 End-to-End Fragmentation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk10...42e1.shtml#e2e

Cisco's FRF.12 Support on Additional Platforms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...08008003f.html

Cisco's FRF.12 Support on Switched Frame Relay PVCs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080080039.html

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco Authorized Distributors Worldwide