Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Thinking of getting an 1801

Thinking of getting an 1801

Lang Murphy

I have the opportunity to get an 1801 for a really good price (know a guy
that works for Cisco...)

One of the main benefits is that it's got 8 10/100 ports as I need more than
4.

I have DSL running to the house via fiber; so I've got no DSL modem, just a
CAT-5 connection in the wall that plugs directly into my current Linksys
router.

I assume that I can get the 1801 functional fairly easy... don't have any
IOS experience, so if that assumption is incorrect, please advise.

Also, not sure I understand the difference between the 1801 and the 1801/K9.
If anyone can clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Lang

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Lang,

CISCO1801

ADSL/POTS router w/IOS IP Broadband

CISCO1801/K9

ADSL/POTS Router with Firewall/IDS and IPSEC 3DES

New List Price: $1,495

Factory Authorized Refurbished, Fully Licensed/SMARTnet Eligible
List Price: $1,115

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-inventory-search.htm

CISCO1801W-AG-E/K9

ADSL/POTS Router with 802.11a+g ETSI Compliant and Security

Factory Authorized Refurbished, Fully Licensed/SMARTnet Eligible
List Price: $1,385

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-inventory-search.htm

2006 February, CPQRG

Cisco 1801 Selected Part Numbers and Ordering Information.

Page 30

http://www.bradreese.com/reference-g...ruary-2006.pdf

Found on the Cisco Product Quick Reference Guides, CPQRGs:

http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished...duct-guide.htm

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
http://www.BradReese.Com
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO