Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox about:config

Firefox about:config

bassbag

Where is the about config file located?.I notice theres lots of entries
for old extensions that i no longer use ,when i type about:config in
address bar.I want to open the about config file in notepad and remove
the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
tia
me

gwtc

bassbag wrote:
> Where is the about config file located?.I notice theres lots of entries
> for old extensions that i no longer use ,when i type about:config in
> address bar.I want to open the about config file in notepad and remove
> the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
> tia
> me

you should be able to right click on them and reset it, then restart
the browser, and they should be gone.

Anyways, the file you need is prefs.js and you can find it in the FF
profile. To locate the FF profile you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

--
Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew
your stuff up when you're not home.

The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whoooo
hoooooooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I
freak out every time we go back!

.. . . to be continued

bassbag

In article <44fb38e0$(E-Mail Removed)>, TheNewGWTC@
4iVWMRLYahp.U7yjsIFfetn says...
> bassbag wrote:
> > Where is the about config file located?.I notice theres lots of entries
> > for old extensions that i no longer use ,when i type about:config in
> > address bar.I want to open the about config file in notepad and remove
> > the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
> > tia
> > me

> you should be able to right click on them and reset it, then restart
> the browser, and they should be gone.
>
> Anyways, the file you need is prefs.js and you can find it in the FF
> profile. To locate the FF profile you can read this:
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
>
> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

Thank you for a very informative post .My configs looking much better
now
Thanks again
me