Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Setting custom folder icon in OS X?

Setting custom folder icon in OS X?

Jet Jaguar

I'm trying to find a way to set a custom folder icon in OS X. I
thought that Applescript would be able to do it, but apparently it
can't. Is there anything in the Macintosh libraries of Python that
will allow me to take an image file (e.g., jpeg, png, tiff, etc.) and
set it as the icon for a folder?

Kevin D. Smith

Kevin Walzer

Jet Jaguar wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to set a custom folder icon in OS X. I
> thought that Applescript would be able to do it, but apparently it
> can't. Is there anything in the Macintosh libraries of Python that
> will allow me to take an image file (e.g., jpeg, png, tiff, etc.) and
> set it as the icon for a folder?
>
> Kevin D. Smith

There might be a way to do this via PyObjC (the Python-Objective C
bridge), which provides access to the Mac's Cocoa frameworks.

--
Kevin Walzer
Poetic Code