Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > confused Netgear DG 834PN cannot ping + flashing lights

confused Netgear DG 834PN cannot ping + flashing lights

T5

I have just purchased a netgear DG 834PN wireless modem router (mainly for
its extended wireless coverage) however I have several problems with it. I
have it connected to my main pc using an ethernet cable and I have run the
setup wizard. I have added a netgear usb adapter to a pc upstairs and run
through the setup. Both PCs are connected to the internet but neither pc can
ping the other. Also, the internet and wireless leds on the front of the
router are permanently flashing I thought that these should be solid as they
were on my old BTVoyager router. I tried creating an allowable network range
in my firewall settings but this doesn't work either. I have also upgraded
the firmware of the router. Is there something that i am doing wrong?