Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with setting up MN-500 wireless base station

Help with setting up MN-500 wireless base station

=?Utf-8?B?TVcx?=

If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I
have a MS wireless broadband wireless networking base station (model MN-500)
and the wireless USB receiver (model MN-510). I had it set up on my old
desktop computer, but recently bought a new Dell system (running XP) and am
trying to set up the wireless on it. Unfortunately during a recent move, my
install CD got lost (#@!#$%#$ movers) and when the XP new hardware set up
reader tries to set up the wireles it tells me I am missing the associated
drivers.

I tried to get the hardware install wizard to find the drivers I needed on
the web but it couldn't find them and I also looked around on the MS website
download area and couldn't seem to find what I needed.

The wireless base station is working and sending out a signal I can get on
my work laptop, but I can't get the desktop to work (internet won't come up).
I think the problem is I haven't set up a wireless connection on the desktop
as I nevewr ran the CD setup disk.

Is there a way to use the Wireless Network Setup Wizard in the XP control
panel to do what I need or do I have to reorder a new install CD for the
MN-500 from MS??

Please help?