Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Switching web host

Switching web host

fuli

I set up my current web site in Nov. 2003. This date is listed
somewhere on the control panel of the site.

Now I am considering to transfer to another host with keeping the
domain name. I wonder that at the new site, whether the original date
of Nov. 2003 and statistics for last 12 months with the Webalizer can
be kept.

Thanks for help.

cwdjrxyz

fuli wrote:
> I set up my current web site in Nov. 2003. This date is listed
> somewhere on the control panel of the site.
>
> Now I am considering to transfer to another host with keeping the
> domain name. I wonder that at the new site, whether the original date
> of Nov. 2003 and statistics for last 12 months with the Webalizer can
> be kept.

On my host, Webalizer data for several months are stored in a directory
called webalizer. This backs up to my computer just as do other files
on the server. It works properly on the computer. So I would not lose
the data, even if I changed to a host without Webalizer. If your
present setup works as does mine, you need not lose your old Webalizer
data even if you do not have Webalizer on the new host. You may have to
ask the new host if they can use the original date on the old site for
your new one.