Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <marquee> tag, mac screenshots and image editors

<marquee> tag, mac screenshots and image editors

DrAbyss78@hotmail.com

Hello everyone

Had a couple of mac questions .

One have a webpage here:

http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7...mationpage.htm

I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work
perfectly in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page
decently, but all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest
version of Safari loads the page decently, but the image at the top
which is supposed to be "bouncing" stays motionless. None of the
images even show up in Safari 1.03. The highest OS X I can go with as
I understand is 10.2, which doesn't entirely suit my needs.

Is there a way to make this more browser friendly or should I bite the
bullet and try to learn Flash and do it this way?

Also, is there an easy way to do screenshots from an imac G3 DVD
player? Yes, I know, I need to upgrade to at least a G4...

Is there a freeware image editor for MAC users as good as irfanview for
Windows? Tried imagewell, but wasn't especially thrilled with it...

Thanks for any help in advance! My email address is
(E-Mail Removed)

Jim

Andy Dingley

> Is there a way to make this more browser friendly or should I bite the
> bullet and try to learn Flash and do it this way?

JavaScript. Not hard

mbstevens

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:29:55 -0700, DrAbyss78 wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Had a couple of mac questions .
>
> One have a webpage here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7...mationpage.htm
>
> I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
> and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work perfectly
> in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page decently, but
> all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest version of Safari
> loads the page decently, but the image at the top which is supposed to be
> "bouncing" stays motionless. None of the images even show up in Safari
> 1.03. The highest OS X I can go with as I understand is 10.2, which
> doesn't entirely suit my needs.
>
> Is there a way to make this more browser friendly or should I bite the
> bullet and try to learn Flash and do it this way?

<iro>
I don't really think you should stop with marquees. No page is complete
without a couple of flash animations, a java applet or two, and lots of
DHTML scooting things all over the page. Turn on flashing text
wherever you can, too. Without at least that much animation, people will
think you are too bland to visit. And if a particular browser does not
handle one kind of animation correctly, there will be plenty of other
stuff on the page that it *will* work with. Never, ever let content
interfere with animation and flashy things.
</iro>

Nikita the Spider

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Had a couple of mac questions .
>
> One have a webpage here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7...mationpage.htm
>
> I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
> and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work
> perfectly in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page
> decently, but all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest
> version of Safari loads the page decently, but the image at the top
> which is supposed to be "bouncing" stays motionless.

Sounds like a feature of Safari to me.

> Is there a freeware image editor for MAC users as good as irfanview for
> Windows? Tried imagewell, but wasn't especially thrilled with it...

Never used irfanview but here's a Mac image editor I use:
http://seashore.sourceforge.net/

You can also install the GIMP under X11.

--
Philip
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/

Jonathan N. Little

mbstevens wrote:

> <iro>

Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

And to Dr Abyss, OMG if you add any more bouncing, blinking flashing
things you'll need the standard Nintendo warning about seizures!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

mbstevens

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:14:08 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> mbstevens wrote:
>

>> <iro>

> Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

That's the National Bureau of Bull tag for irony.
The gurus there decided that a minimum of
typing is better than clarity.

Blinky the Shark

mbstevens wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:14:08 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> mbstevens wrote:
>>

>>> <iro>

>> Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

> That's the National Bureau of Bull tag for irony.
> The gurus there decided that a minimum of
> typing is better than clarity.

That said, its meaning was quite clear from context.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

mbstevens

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:56:58 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> mbstevens wrote:

>>> Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

>> That's the National Bureau of Bull tag for irony. The gurus there
>> decided that a minimum of typing is better than clarity.

> That said, its meaning was quite clear from context.

Yes, thank you. Although I have to admit that validator.nbb.org has
failed it because I forgot to enclose it in a bs block, i.e.

<bs>
<iro>
</iro>
</bs>

DrAbyss78@hotmail.com

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> mbstevens wrote:
>

> > <iro>

> Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?
>
> And to Dr Abyss, OMG if you add any more bouncing, blinking flashing
> things you'll need the standard Nintendo warning about seizures!
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

LOL.. Okay, so maybe a got a mite carried away...

Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots of menus and dialog boxes InfoDevGuy C++ 1 02-02-2007 03:31 PM
extract text from screen or screenshots... Sue Java 6 08-03-2005 07:28 PM
(OT) Programmer's editors for the Mac Timothy Hunter Ruby 42 02-16-2005 06:15 AM
PDM 4.0 screenshots Poop Poop Cisco 0 03-04-2004 02:08 AM
Screenshots please Toby A Inkster HTML 4 07-05-2003 10:35 PM

Advertisments