Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Max number of downloads in FF

Max number of downloads in FF

Redvee

When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a way
of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
obvious leaps out at me.

TIA

Peter Boerhof

Redvee wrote:

>When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a way
>of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
>obvious leaps out at me.
>
>TIA

You can change it in your preferences file with About:config

Type about:config in your location bar and press enter you get the
config page.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config

search for :

*network. http. max-connections *(default 24)
*network. http. max-connections-per-server * (default
doubleclick on them and enter a new value.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.max-connections
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.ht...ons-per-server

*
--
Peter

Error 216: Tagline out of paper.
*

Orbis

Redvee wrote:
> When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a way
> of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
> obvious leaps out at me.

Out of interest, what sort of files are downloading if you
have 23 concurrent ones going at once?

..... you might be better off using a download manager like
GetRight?

Redvee

"Orbis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:editun$gts$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Redvee wrote:
>> When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a
>> way of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and
>> nothing obvious leaps out at me.

> Out of interest, what sort of files are downloading if you have 23
> concurrent ones going at once?
>
> .... you might be better off using a download manager like GetRight?

Pics of nude ladies

Orbis

> Pics of nude ladies

Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going
while the 31st one is starting.

Redvee

"Orbis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:edo2cn$qtv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Pics of nude ladies

> Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going while the
> 31st one is starting.

I managed to dl them all using Rapidget and a premium RS account, in total
it was over 20,000 images in 300+ zipfolders.

Ed Mullen

Redvee wrote:
> "Orbis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:edo2cn$qtv$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Pics of nude ladies

>> Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going while the
>> 31st one is starting.
>>

> I managed to dl them all using Rapidget and a premium RS account, in total
> it was over 20,000 images in 300+ zipfolders.

20,000 naked ladies? No matter how fast you DLed them I'm left sitting
here with the staggering thought of VIEWING all those pics! Geez, I
think I'd be pretty numb after about 4,313. Oh well. To each his own.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
Textarea max rows and max characters per row Greg Ferris Javascript 2 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments