Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > open firefox

open firefox

Stefan Schmied

Hi NG

What do I have to do, to get firefox opening to the maximum at the first
click?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stef

gwtc

Stefan Schmied wrote:
> Hi NG
>
> What do I have to do, to get firefox opening to the maximum at the first
> click?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Stef

close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file localstore.rdf
and remove it. Now, restart FF, maximize it, then close FF and
restart it. Does it stay now?

to find your FF profile, you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

--
Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

Blaming your farts (gas) on me . . . not funny . . . not funny at all!!!!

Yelling at me for barking . . . I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG, YOU IDIOT!

Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly
whose walk is this anyways?

Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose . . . stop it!

.. . . to be continued

Stefan Schmied

> Stefan Schmied wrote:
>> Hi NG
>>
>> What do I have to do, to get firefox opening to the maximum at the first
>> click?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help
>>
>> Stef

> close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file localstore.rdf and
> remove it. Now, restart FF, maximize it, then close FF and restart it.
> Does it stay now?

I found 3 of "localstore.rdf" in different places. Can I delete all of them?

gwtc

Stefan Schmied wrote:
>> Stefan Schmied wrote:
>>> Hi NG
>>>
>>> What do I have to do, to get firefox opening to the maximum at the first
>>> click?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help
>>>
>>> Stef

>> close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file localstore.rdf and
>> remove it. Now, restart FF, maximize it, then close FF and restart it.
>> Does it stay now?
>>

> I found 3 of "localstore.rdf" in different places. Can I delete all of them?

If you have Thunderbird, or SeaMonkey, or Mozilla Suite, or Netscape,
then no. Only delete the one for Firefox.

--

gwtc wrote:

>>> close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file localstore.rdf
>>> and remove it. Now, restart FF, maximize it, then close FF and restart
>>> it. Does it stay now?
>>>

>> I found 3 of "localstore.rdf" in different places. Can I delete all of
>> them?

> If you have Thunderbird, or SeaMonkey, or Mozilla Suite, or Netscape, then
> no. Only delete the one for Firefox.

Oh great, it works, thank you very much! If you come to Bern (Switzerland),
I'll invite you for a drink!
tschüss
Stef

gwtc

Stefan Schmied wrote:

>>> I found 3 of "localstore.rdf" in different places. Can I delete all of
>>> them?

>> If you have Thunderbird, or SeaMonkey, or Mozilla Suite, or Netscape, then
>> no. Only delete the one for Firefox.

> Oh great, it works, thank you very much! If you come to Bern (Switzerland),
> I'll invite you for a drink!
> tsch黶s
> Stef

This has been puzzling for some time, but tell me something. The
Internet Country Code for Switzerland is CH. How did they ever come
up with that?

--
Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

Blaming your farts (gas) on me . . . not funny . . . not funny at all!!!!

Yelling at me for barking . . . I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG, YOU IDIOT!

Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly
whose walk is this anyways?

Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose . . . stop it!

.. . . to be continued

Stefan Schmied

gwtc schrieb

> This has been puzzling for some time, but tell me something. The Internet
> Country Code for Switzerland is CH. How did they ever come up with that?

I am not sure, if I anderstood the question:
C = Confederation
H = Helvetia

Is it that you lookin for?

Stef

gwtc

Stefan Schmied wrote:
> gwtc schrieb
>
>> This has been puzzling for some time, but tell me something. The Internet
>> Country Code for Switzerland is CH. How did they ever come up with that?

> I am not sure, if I anderstood the question:
> C = Confederation
> H = Helvetia
>
> Is it that you lookin for?
>
> Stef

Yes. I just wanted to know how do they get CH out of Switzerland.
Years ago when I first saw CH I thought it was China. Its something
like DE for Germany, how in blazes does DE that come out to Germany.
Then I learned its actually Deutschland.

--
Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew
your stuff up when you're not home.

The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whoooo
hoooooooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I
freak out every time we go back!

.. . . to be continued