Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Active X dll document in visual basic 6.0

Active X dll document in visual basic 6.0

Jawad Rehman

Hi

I have Created Active X dll document in Visual Basic which
consists of some interface elements.ie Button and Textbox etc.
and then create actual Dll of the document.through Command
file->create Project DLL..

now i want that to include this dll file in another Project
exe file .and use the dll interface .

help me how it is possible....

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

Sept. 3, 2006

Hey Jawad... Honestly, I don't use VB 6.0 (pre-.net) components, and so
can't give an answer myself... but I would encourage you to post this to the
VB 6.0 newsgroup (lots of people there give answers), as I think you'll get
a bigger response there...

The name of the newsgroup is:
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Hope this helps and good luck!
--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

"Jawad Rehman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
>
> I have Created Active X dll document in Visual Basic which
> consists of some interface elements.ie Button and Textbox etc.
> and then create actual Dll of the document.through Command
> file->create Project DLL..
>

> now i want that to include this dll file in another Project
> exe file .and use the dll interface .
>
> help me how it is possible....

Blackmetal

Hi,

In order to use the new DLL, in the new project, you can do it in two ways:

1. In the new project, add a New Project to the group and open the project
that contains your DLL, Or

2. In the VB Menu, goto Project->References and look for your DLL in the
list of possible ActiveX servers and mark the check box to add a reference
to your new project.

But before that, make sure that your DLL project is Instantiable and it is
registered (using RegSvr32)

Hope this helps