Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > pix 501 easy vpn

pix 501 easy vpn

lfnetworking

We want to provide multiple systems vpn access behind the pix without
having the pix be the pppoe device, i.e. w/o a public address. It would
be natted by another router in front of it, i.e. used in the same way
the sw vpnclient typically would be but providing vpn access for
multiple hosts.

Walter Roberson

In article <LC3Kg.13756$%(E-Mail Removed) >,
lfnetworking <_bill_@_lfnetworking.com> wrote:
>We want to provide multiple systems vpn access behind the pix without
>having the pix be the pppoe device, i.e. w/o a public address. It would
>be natted by another router in front of it, i.e. used in the same way
>the sw vpnclient typically would be but providing vpn access for
>multiple hosts.

That's not a problem provided that the router does proper NAT'ing.
Just select any private IP address range to share between the
router and the PIX outside address, and tell the VPN clients to
contact the public IP that the router is NAT'ing the PIX to.