Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > HOme netwrok

HOme netwrok

Zboing Mouflon

I have 5 machines, all running XP Pro, on a home wireless network

Problem is the machines keep dropping off the network. If I run the wizard
on a particular machine it will be accessible for a week or so, but then it
just drops off and I need to run it again.

What am I doing wrong.

Andrew Bowie
www.users.on.net/abowie

Lem

Zboing Mouflon wrote:
> I have 5 machines, all running XP Pro, on a home wireless network
>
> Problem is the machines keep dropping off the network. If I run the wizard
> on a particular machine it will be accessible for a week or so, but then it
> just drops off and I need to run it again.
>
> What am I doing wrong.
>
> Andrew Bowie
> (E-Mail Removed)
> www.users.on.net/abowie

What do you mean -- the box loses connectivity or the entry for your
network is deleted from the list of "Preferred networks" in "Wireless
Network Connection Properties"? Are you broadcasting or hiding your SSID?

Zboing Mouflon

They are all connected to my wireless router in that they can access the
internet. That is not the problem

Problem is that I can't see one machine from the other in my home workgroup.

Andrew Bowie
(E-Mail Removed)
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Lem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Zboing Mouflon wrote:
>> I have 5 machines, all running XP Pro, on a home wireless network
>>
>> Problem is the machines keep dropping off the network. If I run the
>> wizard on a particular machine it will be accessible for a week or so,
>> but then it just drops off and I need to run it again.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong.
>>
>> Andrew Bowie
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> www.users.on.net/abowie

> What do you mean -- the box loses connectivity or the entry for your
> network is deleted from the list of "Preferred networks" in "Wireless
> Network Connection Properties"? Are you broadcasting or hiding your SSID?

Zboing Mouflon

I can ping the router from all of the computers, but cannot ping any of them
from each other. Currently I do not seem to have a network at all.

Andrew Bowie
(E-Mail Removed)
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Zboing Mouflon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They are all connected to my wireless router in that they can access the
> internet. That is not the problem
>
> Problem is that I can't see one machine from the other in my home
> workgroup.
>
> Andrew Bowie
> (E-Mail Removed)
> www.users.on.net/abowie
> "Lem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Zboing Mouflon wrote:
>>> I have 5 machines, all running XP Pro, on a home wireless network
>>>
>>> Problem is the machines keep dropping off the network. If I run the
>>> wizard on a particular machine it will be accessible for a week or so,
>>> but then it just drops off and I need to run it again.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Andrew Bowie
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> www.users.on.net/abowie

>> What do you mean -- the box loses connectivity or the entry for your
>> network is deleted from the list of "Preferred networks" in "Wireless
>> Network Connection Properties"? Are you broadcasting or hiding your
>> SSID?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html