Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN via Cisco Remote VPN Client

VPN via Cisco Remote VPN Client

usenet01@online.de

Hi,

I have the problem that I can't use the cisco remote vpn client. The
problem is, that I'm sitting behind a Suse Linux Firewall with
Masquerading.

If I want to establish a connection my client pc sends a SYN-Packet to
the destination server on port 264. I guess that the server wants to
answer to my local ip which is in a 192.168.x.x subnet and not
accessible from the internet.

I think I have to make NAT via iptables on the suse linux firewall in
my network, so that the server replaces the 192.168.x.x address witch
my internet ip, but how can i do that?

I also have to make some settings that I get the answers from the
destination server routet to my local pc behind the linux firewall.

Could anybody tell me how i have to configure my suse linux firewall
and how i have to make the NAT?

www.BradReese.Com

You may also wish to investigate:

comp.os.linux.security