Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to output progressive video from a video card to a progressive CRT TV?

How to output progressive video from a video card to a progressive CRT TV?

kopn@hotbox.ru

Hello!
How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video
card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub
and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I know of, for
example Toshiba 29CSZ8UR, do not have a d-sub input. I was told that
s-video outputs interlaced video.
Best regards,
Dima
+79163876746

JoeBloe

On 1 Sep 2006 01:34:11 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Gave us:

>Hello!
>How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video
>card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub
>and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I know of, for
>example Toshiba 29CSZ8UR, do not have a d-sub input. I was told that
>s-video outputs interlaced video.
>Best regards,
>Dima
>+79163876746

You need a video card with a DVI HDTV capable output. Your old POS
ATI Crap won't cut it.

ThePunisher

"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On 1 Sep 2006 01:34:11 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) Gave us:
>
> > Hello!
> > How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video
> > card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub
> > and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I know of, for
> > example Toshiba 29CSZ8UR, do not have a d-sub input. I was told that
> > s-video outputs interlaced video.
> > Best regards,
> > Dima
> > +79163876746

> You need a video card with a DVI HDTV capable output.

No, you don't.

> Your old POS ATI Crap won't cut it.

A nice way of saying it won't work.

--
ThePunisher

kopn@hotbox.ru

Thanks JoeBloe for your reply!
What CRT TV has a DVI input?
How big is the difference in video quality from the video card s-video
and d-sub on a TV?
JoeBloe wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2006 01:34:11 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) Gave us:
>
> >Hello!
> >How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video
> >card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub
> >and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I know of, for
> >example Toshiba 29CSZ8UR, do not have a d-sub input. I was told that
> >s-video outputs interlaced video.
> >Best regards,
> >Dima
> >+79163876746

> You need a video card with a DVI HDTV capable output. Your old POS
> ATI Crap won't cut it.

kopn@hotbox.ru

Thanks ThePunisher for your reply!
Why don't I need a video card with a DVI HDTV capable output?
How big is the difference in video quality from the video card s-video
and d-sub on a TV? I want to watch DivX and Xvid movies from my
computer on an about 29" TV.