Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Moving settings between two adapters

Moving settings between two adapters

=?Utf-8?B?VU5IY2hhYm8=?=

I have two wireless adapters, and I use Wireless Zero Config on both of them.
Is there a way to transfer settings (i.e. favorite Access Points, WPA keys,
etc) from one adapter to the other? The second one is new, and much better,
and I don't want to have to ask the owners of the APs to enter in the
passkeys again.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"UNHchabo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two wireless adapters, and I use Wireless Zero Config on both of
>them.
> Is there a way to transfer settings (i.e. favorite Access Points, WPA
> keys,
> etc) from one adapter to the other? The second one is new, and much
> better,
> and I don't want to have to ask the owners of the APs to enter in the
> passkeys again.

=?Utf-8?B?VU5IY2hhYm8=?=

That sounds like it's good for setup of machines to a network if it's
originally set up using Windows Connect Now, but what I'm looking to do is
transfer passkeys, etc from one adapter to another (basically, client to
client).

Any way to do that without getting the passkey a second time from the
sysadmins of those systems?

Pavel A.

"UNHchabo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That sounds like it's good for setup of machines to a network if it's
> originally set up using Windows Connect Now, but what I'm looking to do is
> transfer passkeys, etc from one adapter to another (basically, client to
> client).
>
> Any way to do that without getting the passkey a second time from the
> sysadmins of those systems?

For WinXP, these settings are stored in the registry, so I guess, if you move the
data to the reg.key of the new adapter, it will catch.
But the problem is that the names of reg.keys are not fixed.
You need to locate them on every single machine
With more than 2-3 machines it would be too hard to do manually

--PA