Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless network

wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=

tried to set a wireless network up but can't get a connection when i switch
it on. Any step by step advice in simple terms thanks
--
lachygirl

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> tried to set a wireless network up but can't get a connection when i
> switch
> it on. Any step by step advice in simple terms thanks
> --
> lachygirl

=?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=

Got it set up and after downloading some instructions step 3 of configure
your network it states to open internet explorer for your routers
configuration page mines doesn'tswo i can't configue ssid, wep or my admin
passwords
--
lachygirl

"susan" wrote:

> tried to set a wireless network up but can't get a connection when i switch
> it on. Any step by step advice in simple terms thanks
> --
> lachygirl

=?Utf-8?B?c3VzYW4=?=

Sorry but that didnt sound right when i type in address it was dialling up
getting nowhere and now i have tried it i cannot connect as page can't be
displayed
--
lachygirl

"susan" wrote:

> Got it set up and after downloading some instructions step 3 of configure
> your network it states to open internet explorer for your routers
> configuration page mines doesn'tswo i can't configue ssid, wep or my admin
> passwords
> --
> lachygirl
>

> "susan" wrote:
>
> > tried to set a wireless network up but can't get a connection when i switch
> > it on. Any step by step advice in simple terms thanks
> > --
> > lachygirl

Lem

susan wrote:
> Sorry but that didnt sound right when i type in address it was dialling up
> getting nowhere and now i have tried it i cannot connect as page can't be
> displayed

Assuming that somewhere before this step you properly configured your
"Local Area Connection" and connected your computer to the router with
an Ethernet cable, and further assuming that you're using Internet
Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab, and select
"never dial a connection." OK your way out.