Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Loading Dynamic User Control Error: "The control must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server" Help Please Second time posting.

davidr@sharpesoft.com

Hi,

I have a panel that I load user Control in no problem. The problem
arrises when I do a post back on one of these user controls. I have
button it does a click event. In this click event I will do some
database updates, then I will use reflection to call a method in the
parent (this.page) to load the new user control. Its at this point
after it loads the new user control that it throws the error "The
control must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server".
Now, my methods that managers the user control works. I am able to
click on the parent page menu and load other user controls no problem.
This only occurs when I'm trying to load a new user control in place of
the current user control from the current child user control.

So something like this:

Parent page has method:

public void PostBackLoadUserControl(string Description, string
fileName)
{
LoadUserControl(fileName);

}

Current user control click event does this:

{
//Session.Add("LoadUC", new string[] { "Test Control 4",
"test4.ascx" });

MethodInfo mi =
this.Page.GetType().GetMethod("PostBackLoadUserCon trol",
BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.Instance);
if (mi != null)
mi.Invoke(this.Page, new Object[] { "Test Control",
"test.ascx"});

}

The mi.Invoke works and after it loads in the new user control it comes
back to the Button1_Click event and leaves ok. After that the page
tries to load with the new user control and throws the error "The
control must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server".
This control will be inside a form tag when its loaded because it is
loaded into a panel that is inside a form tag. I'm not sure why this
only happens when trying to do it from a child user control.

Thank,

David