Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ATA: 2 exts with one PSTN and several SIP

ATA: 2 exts with one PSTN and several SIP

Chris Davies

I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension ports and one
(analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one of the internal ports always to
default to the PSTN line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*, or whatever). The
other should default to one of the SIP providers, but allow routing via
either PSTN or any of the other SIP provders given some particular key
sequence prefix.

Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of the market but
definitely sub-100.

Any suggestions, please?

Many thanks,
Chris

Jono

Chris Davies submitted this idea :
> I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension ports and one
> (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one of the internal ports always to
> default to the PSTN line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
> given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*, or whatever). The
> other should default to one of the SIP providers, but allow routing via
> either PSTN or any of the other SIP provders given some particular key
> sequence prefix.
>
> Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of the market but
> definitely sub-100.
>
> Any suggestions, please?
>
> Many thanks,
> Chris

Perhaps
<http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_ata/index.html> ?

paul123

Chris Davies wrote:
> I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension ports and one
> (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one of the internal ports always to
> default to the PSTN line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
> given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*, or whatever). The
> other should default to one of the SIP providers, but allow routing via
> either PSTN or any of the other SIP provders given some particular key
> sequence prefix.
>
> Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of the market but
> definitely sub-100.
>
> Any suggestions, please?

You get what you pay for (more or less).

Around the 100 squid mark is the Fritz!box (with vat and delivery)
which, configured correctly, will do all you want.

At about half that price, with some limitations, the grandstream 386
ATA doesn't do exactly what you want, but can work around it-ish. It
doesn't default to PSTN on either port, though, with a dialled prefix,
your PSTN can be used. Each port would need its own SIP
provider/account as there is no dial plan to choose SIP provider when
dialling - whereas on the fritzbox, I believe, you can dial out from
port 1 using account 1 or 2 etc.

Ivor Jones

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) yonder.com.co.uk
> Chris Davies submitted this idea :
> > I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension
> > ports and one (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one
> > of the internal ports always to default to the PSTN
> > line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
> > given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*,
> > or whatever). The other should default to one of the
> > SIP providers, but allow routing via either PSTN or any
> > of the other SIP provders given some particular key
> > sequence prefix. Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of
> > the
> > market but definitely sub-100.
> >
> > Any suggestions, please?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Chris

> Perhaps
> <http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_ata/index.html>
> ?

That will certainly do it, but not sure of the price, is it under 100..?
I personally prefer the version with the built in ADSL modem and router,
that way you get QoS and it's one less power supply plug..!

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"paul123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com

[snip]

> You get what you pay for (more or less).
>
> Around the 100 squid mark is the Fritz!box (with vat and
> delivery) which, configured correctly, will do all you
> want.
>
> At about half that price, with some limitations, the
> grandstream 386 ATA doesn't do exactly what you want, but
> can work around it-ish. It doesn't default to PSTN on
> either port, though, with a dialled prefix, your PSTN can
> be used. Each port would need its own SIP
> provider/account as there is no dial plan to choose SIP
> provider when dialling - whereas on the fritzbox, I
> believe, you can dial out from port 1 using account 1 or
> 2 etc.

You can dial out on any of the 10 available accounts from either phone
port. It's a bit fiddly though as the prefix codes required are rather
long, but it's certainly usable.

Ivor

Chris Davies

Thanks to you all for your suggestions.
Chris

DECT handset that will do SKYPE & SIP and have a PSTN line too TheDragon UK VOIP 3 02-20-2009 01:53 PM
SIP at access to PSTN Will Plaice Cisco 0 06-19-2005 04:44 PM
pstn to sip number mapping Jan Cisco 0 11-05-2004 01:45 PM
UK SIP<>PSTN Gateway service [SIPCall] Olle VOIP 0 09-09-2003 07:39 AM
UK SIP<>PSTN Gateway service [SIPCall] James Body VOIP 0 08-27-2003 09:33 AM

Advertisments