Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > XML Schema CommandTimeout

XML Schema CommandTimeout

UnglueD

Hello,

I have an application that grabs data through use of a strongly typed
XSD. However, in doing so, I am wondering if I have lost the ability
to set the CommandTimeout on the command object (since I do not have
the command object explicitly anymore).

I have a stored procedure that grabs a bunch of orders for bulk
processing. If there are a lot of orders the stored procedure times
out.

While I will look into optimizing the query down the road, I was
wondering if I can still set the CommandTimeout property somehow.

Thanks

UnglueD

I did find a way to solve this, using a partial class. Would there be
any other solutions?

namespace programTableAdapters
{
public partial class OrderTableAdapter
{
public void SetCommandTimeout(int timeout)
{
foreach (IDbCommand command in CommandCollection)
command.CommandTimeout = timeout;
}
}
}