Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Password recovery problem

Password recovery problem

delenov delenov is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I'm trying to do a password recovery on Cisco 805 router.
When I'm trying to copy startup configuration to running configuration
I'm getting an error message.

Router# copy startup-config running-config
NVRAM not present or missing

Please Help

lAwBoY lAwBoY is offline
Junior Member

did u save the startup config before?
the error message seem like you do not have a startup-config in ur nvram

delenov delenov is offline
Junior Member

I don't now if the configuration is saved because someone else has installed the router. Anyway, I don't have the password for configuration mode, so I have to do password recovery. Is there any way to recover from some backup file or something ...