Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > can xmlwf suitable for handling very large file?

can xmlwf suitable for handling very large file?

howachen@gmail.com

I wan to check the well-formness of a very large XML file (a few GB), I
want to know if xmlwf can handle this job for me?

Or any other tool(s) I should not miss.

Thanks.

Juergen Kahrs

> I wan to check the well-formness of a very large XML file (a few GB), I
> want to know if xmlwf can handle this job for me?

xmlwf should be able to do this because it is based
on the Expat XML reader (who can do this). It is still
possible that your version of xmlwf was built on an
operating system which does not allow handling of
files larger than (for example) 2 GB.

Anyway, I checked well-formedness of file large than
2 GB in this way (based upon Expat):

http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/...002dformedness

There are many other tools (like the excellent xmllint)
which can also do this, when built properly.